Re: Masquerade sender's domain from sendmail

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 04:07:31PM -0500, Brad Alpert wrote:

> I'm using domain masquerade in sendmail now to make mail from any
> host appear to come from the main domain, so that part works.  I
> want to specify per-user domain originations, though.
>
> Hmmm..

I think you might be wanting to use the generics table. I think it's
something along the lines of adding,

  FEATURE(`genericstable',`hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable.db')

to your sendmail.mc, and then adding lines like,

  username	    username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

to /etc/mail/genericstable.  Then creating the genericstable.db (there
should be a makefile in there to do it for you :))

username should then get mapped to username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Disclaimer: I'm pulling this out of an old sendmail config I had lying
around, so I'm not sure it really works

yen
--
Tee Yen Ng
tyen@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground
and miss."

            -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams