Does Shrike-List dislike me -- ATHLON & Shrike - *imperfect*alliance=random lockups?

> Err... what should the voltage be, or how to find that datum? I have a
900
> MHz Athlon, which is by necessity a 100 MHz FSB part with a x9
multiplier.

ehm, that's a good question.  I would try a google search.  I don't
think my 1.0 runs at the same voltage, as your 900...

when I say that the Abit mommyboards have the wrong voltage at startup,
I mean that they get it right once the BIOS has had a chance to make up
it's mind and then reboot...  (this caused a customer of mine to lose
his first 1.0 chip.  it started out way way too high.  we had to use a
duron chip, which it saw close enough not to fry it, then flash the BIOS
before it would stop frying chips.  interestingly enough, we first
thought it was the chip, because when we replaced the 1.0 with another
1.0, it worked fine, but the fact is that the first 1.0 was enough for
the BIOS to set itself correctly...then it was already set for the next
chip.)