Re: Reversing ctrl/caps swap

Christopher Wong wrote:
I'm one of those who like to swap the positions of the caps lock and left
control keys in X. I know the xmodmap method (from the man page) and the

remove Lock = Caps_Lock remove Control = Control_L keysym Control_L = Control_L keysym Caps_Lock = Caps_Lock add Lock = Caps_Lock add Control = Control_L

or these for the ksym lines above.
keysym Control_L = Caps_Lock
keysym Caps_Lock = Control_L

one of them should restor the original mapping.
You could always use the keycode commands instead.
Control_L = 29
Caps_Lock = 58

Use this for both swaps instead of the keysym method.

seem to be reversible. Since I share my home PC, how can I do a ctrl/caps
swap that can be reversed without restarting X? Thanks.

I change the label on the keys to match the swap :)
I also have a modified keymap for the console that swaps them.
I haven figured out how to do it in grub or lilo yet, but I know it's possible in grub.

-Thomas