Font problems and RPM's

Hi there.

I've done a clean install of RedHat 9 after having tons of problems updating
from 8.0.

Now things are quite smoother, but I still got some minor problems.

1) I run gnome, and usually set galeon as default browser. The problem is
galeon doesn't use page specified fonts. It only uses "Times" and default
gnome-type "Sans". I've allready checked in case "use my fonts" was on, but
it isn't. I've installed my favorite fonts following steps in the release
notes. They *are* properly installed, as I can choose them in galeon as
predefined font and they map up ok. It happens with a lot of fonts, but I'm
specially interested in "Verdana".

2) Don't know what the heck is going on with RPM. I installed a package
(think it was one of the doc's SRPM) with the usual

rpm -Uvh rhl-rg-es-X-X-X-src.rpm (more or less)

just to have a look. Checked it out, saw that it didn't include what I
wanted so almost inmeadiately uninstalled with

rpm -e rhl-rg-es

And got a "package rhl-rg-es not installed". I checked adding more parts of
the rpm's name, just in case, but nothing. Re-installed and tried again.
Nothing. I tried a

rpmdb --rebuilddb

But get an error again. Has this issue already been touched in any post
(I've obviously missed)?

Any help welcome.

Reven