Re: Staroffice crashing

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 10:34, Thomas Dodd wrote:
> You are mistaken. I run SO/OO.org on several machines that have no Java
> at all. I can use Java for some stuff, but it's not required for the
> application.
> http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs.html
> Doesn't liwst java or a JVM for any OS.

Sun supports Java both in OpenOffice and StarOffice for Office
components. It is apparently not longer required to run the base
program, but many different custom components and or other plugins do
indeed use Java. The Windows version in the 5.x series of StarOffice
installed a JRE anytime you installed it for example. Also, the 1.0.2
version of the OpenOffice SDK includes support for Java components in
OpenOffice, so it is not completely impossible that the version of
StarOffice he has is using Java and that it is causing problems,
although it is less likely.

--
Shawn <drevil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.warpcore.org/