Re: Numeric pad strange issue

On 13 Apr 2003, Mario Torre wrote:

>> If I'm not mistaken, the Italian keyboard like many European
>> keyboards has a "," on the numeric keypad.  I would ask on
>> xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx before filing a bug report though, and if you
>> do file one, do it at http://bugs.xfree86.org for best results.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>

>Well, the Italian layout has a "." just above the "canc" button in the
>numeric keypad.

I've no idea, I don't have an Italian keyboard personally.

>It works well in kde applications and gtk applications, emacs/xemacs,
>openoffice.
>
>It works in evolution: ..... (typed from the numeric keypad)
>
>I have tried with a Mandrake 9.1 istallation and it work under gnome (es
>gnome-terminal. The version number are the same for both gnome-terminal
>[2.2.1] and XFree86 [4.3]).
>
>The problem should be is some specific patch to the XFree86 code in
>rhl9

Very unlikely.  I specifically do not apply patches to the
related files unless they're approved by XFree86.org and checked
into the CVS repository.

>, unless Mandrake have fixed its XFree86, which implies that the
>clean XFree86 code was broken.

That is a much more plausible scenario.  xkb underwent major
changes between 4.2.0 and 4.3.0 of which many things broke.  As
people reported them to XFree86.org they got fixed rather
quickly.

Any xkb/keyboard problems that remain, should be reported in
XFree86's bugzilla bug tracker:  http://bugs.xfree86.org

That will ensure that the xkb maintainer, whom has recently been
made an XFree86 core team developer, will be aware of the problem
and hopefully fix it.

Patches welcome.