Re: Desktop Icons

Around about 14/04/2003 06:18, Darren R. Weber typed ...
I believe if you right click on the desktop and click on "new launcher"
you can set the "type" to FSDevice and point it to the device of your
liking.  I don't do it myself that way because I like the clean desktop
but if I wanted it that would be my guess.

Kind of on this tack - does anyone know how to make nautilus correctly monitor custom devices?

I have a digicam that I have automounting when I connect it (using usb hotplug) to /mnt/camera. Nautilus quite happily displays a 'camera' icon then as it does when I mount a CD or floppy.

I also have a card-reader which I actually use more often. I don't really want to mount *that* to /mnt/camera as well; I had been using /mnt/cardreader, but recently moved to /mnt/camera-cardreader after looking at the nautilus source in the vain hope of it noticing it appearing.

No joy. But even worse, if I symlink /mnt/cardreader to the desktop, when I remove the cardreader & it umounts, nautilus *does* notice and deletes the link!

--
[neil@xxx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@xxx ~]# ls -l .signature