Re: Cups sharing problem with IPP

Darren R. Weber wrote:
I need help with cups. I never used it before RH 9 always using samba
with lpr before. I have samba up and running but it's not playing nice
with cups either so I thought now would be a good time to figure out how
to set up IPP for my windows hosts. I have it all set up and I have two
cues and have turned on sharing on both cues. I got the IPP patch to
make it work in win 98 for my wifes pc and now the problem: When I go
to my machine through a browser http://mymachinesip:631/ all I get is
the following - Forbidden
You don't have permission to access the resource on this server.

That leads me to believe it is running but something is hosed.

Sounds like the overall CUPS access is still disabled.

Try just the printer page: http://mymachine:631/printers
or http://mymachine:631/printers/<queue-name>

One one RHL9 box, I enables all the sharing options in printconf,

I think printconf need to enable some other sharing options for this to work completely correct.

-Thomas