Re: can't get PCMCIA working?

On Saturday 12 April 2003 10:42 am, Gregory Gulik wrote:
> Not sure, it's just what the system is picking...

The system isn't picking anything, it's probably defined in
/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia (and may be wrong, I'm guessing.)

> This is what's listed in lspci:
>
> 02:04.0 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ6933 Cardbus Controller (rev
> 01) 02:04.1 CardBus bridge: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ6933 Cardbus Controller
> (rev 01)

And the output of modprobe i82365?
Many Toshiba systems use that module. I have an older Sattelite Pro 420
that uses it. What model Toshiba is this again? I'd give you the output
of lspci on my laptop, but it doesn't work. ;)
$ ssh conundrum /sbin/lspci
pcilib: Cannot open /proc/bus/pci
lspci: Cannot find any working access method.

Here is the /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia file from that machine:
$ ssh conundrum cat /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia
PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS=do_scan=0
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=-f

- From the manpage for i82365:
This  is  the  low-level driver for the Intel i82365sl PCMCIA host con-
troller, and many derivative controllers.  It also implements the Intel
"Yenta"  register  specification for CardBus bridges.  Common clones of
the i82365sl include controllers made by Cirrus  Logic,  IBM,  O2Micro,
Omega  Micro,  Ricoh, SMC, Texas Instruments, Toshiba, Vadem, and VLSI.
The overwhelming majority of current PCMCIA controllers, and all  Card-
Bus bridges, are register compatible with the i82365sl.  This driver is
used by Card Services for configuring the host controller, and for mon-
itoring card status change events.

It looks to me like the O2 Micro controller would use i82365

> Michael Fratoni wrote:
> > Is yenta_socket correct for your hardware?
> > Does modprobe i82365 produce any useful output?
> >
> > Just guesses, as I haven't really been following this thread.

- --
- -Michael

- --