Re: up2date problems over a modem

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Elton Woo wrote:

>On April 10, 2003 02:26 pm, Oisin C. Feeley wrote:
>> On 10 Apr 2003, Heiko Jones wrote:
>> >Is anybody else having up2date nightmares over a 56k modem?
>> >
>> >Anytime during an up2date session, if the modem link gets at all busy I
>> >get SSL communication errors, which lead to a misleading dialog box with
>
>... if I might suggest: login to rhn, and get a list of the updates,
>*THEN* connect to a mirror using ftp, to get the updated packages, and
>install manually. IMHVO, the updated packages should be available on the
>nightly rawhide channels.

Thanks for the suggestion Elton.  I've actually done that several times.
I'm not complaining, just adding another point to Heiko's data set to
confirm that "yes, up2date will return the GPG error with large updates
partway through and you'll have to download all the data again".

Heiko and others should add their reports to Bugzilla as I'm sure Red
Hat engineers would be more likely to read them there than on the list.
Then whatever problems the up2date tool has can be addressed.

Oisin Feeley