Re: Redhat LDAP support

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Alain RICHARD wrote:

> Currently RedHat is including the basic support for ldap (i.e. nss_ldap
> + pamldap) and tools to configure a client computer to connect to the
> ldap server. I hope now to see more tools ldap enabled (on top of the
> list samba and apache) : it is just a matter of recompiling them.
>
> A bigger project is to add the support for ldap server with gui tools
> to configure them (i.e. to bring linux to the level of Windows 2K and
> Active Directory (LDAP + KERBEROS).
>
> Any comments ?

Add an RFE to bugzilla. For the most part it is the only way for Red Hat
to track things. In addition you might post the bug number here for others
to comment on.

FWIW, I agree LDAP ia a large PITA to get running on Red Hat Linux. There
are just too many packages that do not have LDAP support compiled in.
Maybe the demand just does not justify the resources needed support it
better. I do not know.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl@xxxxxxxxxxxx	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....