From: shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bill Nottingham
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 4:52 PM
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Red Hat EW Licensing

Ed Wilts (ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 03:54:13PM -0400, Michael Brown wrote:
> > WS is directly comparable with XP Pro (which is usually available on
sale
> > someplace for $179 for the upgrade).  It does not have the server side
> > tools, you need ES or AS for those.  All of the side application tools
(word
> > processor, etc.) are really not part of the argument either since you
could
> > use open office with windows if you chose.  The bottom line is that
Redhat
> > wants to charge the same price per year as M$ wants to charge until
product
> > EoL.  Redhat has not made any commitment that if you have subscribed to
> > WS2.1, they will let you move to WSx.y vs. having you subscribe to WSx.y
the
> > next year.
>
> Yes that have.  The subscription costs include all product updates,
> including feature updates.  After all, you could simply start over since
> it's the same fee every year.

For standard subscriptions, upgrades to future product releases during
the subscription periods are included.

Bill

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Brown;Michael
FN:Michael L Brown (E-mail)
ORG:Glen Raven;Information Services
TITLE:Sr. Database Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:336-586-1146
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:336-222-3912
TEL;WORK;FAX:336-586-1172
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Information Services=0D=0A1831 N. Park Ave;Glen Raven;NC;27217;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Information Services=0D=0A1831 N. Park Ave=0D=0AGlen Raven, NC 27217=0D=0AUS=
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
REV:20011016T192723Z
END:VCARD