Re: Changing reolustion without X

I was able to load X with the i845, by updating the Intel Extreme Graphics
for Linux.

*
*
*  Production Version Releases
*
*  Intel(R) Extreme Graphics Driver
*  XFree86* 4.2.0 or later
*  Driver Revision: 20030120
*
*
*
*  January 17, 2003
*
*  NOTE:  This document refers to systems containing the
*         following Intel chipsets:
*
*  Intel(R) 830M Chipset
*  Intel(R) 830MG Chipset
*  Intel(R) 845G Chipset
*  Intel(R) 845GL Chipset
*  Intel(R) 845GE Chipset
*  Intel(R) 845GV Chipset
*  Intel(R) 852/855 GM/GME Chipset
*
*  Installation Information
*
*  This document makes references to products developed by
*  Intel. There are some restrictions on how these products
*  may be used, and what information may be disclosed to
*  others. Please read the Disclaimer section and contact
*  your Intel field representative if you would like more
*  information.
*
*  DISCLAIMER: Intel is making no claims of usability,
*  efficacy or warranty.  The INTEL SOFTWARE LICENSE
*  AGREEMENT contained herein completely defines the license
*  and use of this software.

Here is the link
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/filter_results.asp?strOSs=39&strTypes=DRV%2CARC&ProductID=865&OSFullName=Linux*&submit=Go%21

Then I was able to do the config and make it workable. As a matter of fact,
that is the workstation my boss is using right now. As soon as he lets me
steal it from him I will be updating it to RH9.

Good luck,

Marcie