Xinerama & Radeon 7500

I have had a Radeon 7500 with two monitors connected and Xinerama
running for quite some time under RedHat 8.  After upgrading to 9, I
have a strange problem...

After logging in, if I move the mouse pointer to the second monitor, the
first monitor goes blank (and the monitor goes into standby).  I can
usually recover the display by doing Ctrl-Alt-F1 and then Alt-F7 to get
back to X, but the problem happens again the second I cross into the
second monitor. I've tried both my original RH8 XF86Config file and a
new one I modified for dual-head after running the redhat-config-xf86
tool to create a clean config.

One interesting thing is that this doesn't happen until the window
manager is started.  At the login screen, I can move back and forth
between the two windows with no problem.  However, it doesn't seem to be
a metacity problem, as the problem also occurs if I kill metacity and
start sawfish.  I don't have another dual-head video card available to
test and see if it is a bug in the nv driver for the 7500 card, but I
don't see how that would be the culprit since this works fine before the
window manager is started.

Anyone have any successes/failures/insights with this?  I'd file a
bugzilla bug, but I'm not sure what component to file it under.

Thanks

DC