Re: What AGP is better for NVIDIA drivers?

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 11:07, Pavel Rozenboim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Which AGP module is better for NVIDIA drivers, NvAGP or kernel AGPGART?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Pavel.

Hi,

If your chipset is supported by Nvidis's AGPGART, then that is often the
best one to use. Though it can be a try it, see what happens and if you
have problems just fall-back to using the kernel AGPGART. Using NvAGP
can produce some errors, like on SiS 745 chipset based motherboards
where it will cause 'Console Mouse Services' to fail the close quite
often at reboot or shutdown.

Personally I will use NvAGP when I can, but the first hint of a problem
I go back to the kernel AGPGART. :)

Regards

Philip Wyett

--