RE: rh9 useradd prob (fwd)

For information to those of you not on the 'redhat-list' list and only on
shrike...

a user with a period in the name, even when within the 8 chars limit.

But its not so good for automated programs that want to include a period,
its only used here for ftp access, but still ...I cant see why the period
was added into the don't accept list, I'm d/l ing the source CD's now,
might try have a poke around in it, if RH haven't/aren't going to release a
updated rpm anytime in immediate future.