Re: Red Hat EW Licensing

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 15:26, Thomas Dodd wrote:
> Give them some time. What was it, 2 years ago, when there was only one
> Red Hat product? Now they have AS, ES, EW, and RHL (the home one).
> ES/EW were added because AS was too much for a lot of places, but RHL
> wasn't enough. Give a little time they will find something between EW
> and RHL.

Personally, I would love to see something for smaller companies priced
the same as the personal edition, only you wouldn't get any support
beyond say, 30 days. The two things I have against the Workstaion
edition of Redhat are:

1) The personal edition (RedHat 8.x, 9) have a *far* better and more
polished desktop. Has anyone used the desktop in an enterprise edition
of RedHat? The desktop on Advanced Server absolutely bites in comparison
to RedHat Linux 8.0/9

2) Price. Don't charge me for support if I don't want it, if I just want
security updates for the next year, then fine, let me do that. Don't
force me to pay for support ahead of time.

--
Shawn <drevil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.warpcore.org/