redhat-config-printer cannot share printers

I've been trying to use redhat-config-printer to enable sharing of the
printer across a network. My understanding is that /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
gets overwritten every time it restarts, so editing it is futile. But even
after I specify sharing, the written file has the following line at the
bottom:

	Listen 127.0.0.1:631

If the server will only listen on the local loopback, won't it make
printer requests across the network impossible?

On a related subject, if you find that redhat-config-printer is not
updating your CUPS configuration files after sharing is enabled, see bug
#88291 for a workaround.

Chris