Re: SquirrelMail (webmail)

On Monday, Apr 7, 2003, at 11:04 US/Pacific, shrike-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm using them but what that I know you need to setup your apache server
to link/point to it.
And there should be a configuration files that use to configure the
SquirrelMail.

Most of the configuration should be done with config.pl, which is in /path/to/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl. It's pretty straight-forward and includes descriptions of what things are within it.

Isn't there any default link for RH9

Personally, I immediately upgraded to v1.4.0, just released a few days ago. You can download rpms for RHL9 from www.squirrelmail.org. I don't know for sure what Red Hat's rpm for the earlier version does, but the 1.4.0 rpm installs everything in /usr/share/squirrelmail, and adds a webmail link in /var/www/html, so going to http://www.yourserver.com/webmail/ gets you to the login page (without any customization of apache; just start it up).

I know the configuration is located on /etc/squrrelmail/config.php

Mine is in /usr/share/squirrelmail/config/config.php, but then I'm using the newer version direct from squirrelmail's web site.

What I really want to know is that, did redhat have a easy way to get
squirrelmail work/configure?

Outside of squirrelmail's own config tool, I don't think so, but I set it up in a matter of a few minutes with the 1.4.0 rpm...
--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
<jcw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>