Re: Dialup Problems

John Zimmerman wrote:
I am having a problem dialing up to my ISP with linux and am
wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what could be wrong. The modem
and connection work fine under Windows (dual boot machine). I have tried all sorts of init
strings and nothing has changed.

This happens to me in redhat 8.0 and 9. If i have a nfs mount point mounted on my network and i dial in the modem disconnects. Unmounting nfs helps me to connect first time. Don't know if you have nfs on your network. Just a thought.

--

    /Marek
    /Pawinski.net