Re: XDMCP?

David Krider wrote:
On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 10:53, Thomas Dodd wrote:
That allow me to access the box from other machines (like Solaris).
But that doesn't all me to select another host form the shrike box.

Oh baby! The holy grail! Is this possible? I've wanted to do it for a
long time (select another host from my Red Hat box), but I've never been
able to even google a reference on how to get this accomplished. Maybe
someone here knows how?...

The owlriver link Michael posted got me going in the right direction.

After the mods to gdm.conf to allow remote access I change the last sections in gdm.conf to this:

[servers] 0=Standard vt7 1=Terminal -indirect labpc vt8 :1

[server-Standard]
name=Standard server
command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X
flexible=true

[server-Terminal]
name=Terminal server
command=/usr/X11R6/bin/X -terminate
flexible=false
handled=false

Then restart GDM. That gives me a normal GDM on vt7 (display :0) and a chooser on vt8 (display :1). Thats the best I can find so far. Still not the same as Sun and dtlogin, but better.

Now I need a way to stop gdmlogin on :0 and start the chooser on :0 as a menu/button in gdmlogin. Since it works with dtlogin (from CDE) I know it can be done, just got to figure out how. I remember back when I had CDE for linux it worked like on the Suns.

-Thomas