Re: What text-mode e-mail client instead on Pine?

> I use mutt to process all my list mail.  I used to use Windows clients
> but gave up since I can blast through it all via mutt a *lot* faster.
> mutt is small but it's also quite powerful if you want to spend the time
> tweaking it.
>
>         .../Ed
>
> This message proudly brought to you via mutt!
>
> --
> Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
> mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx
> Member #1, Red Hat Community Ambassador Program

A lot of people like Mutt. I use it too, but I find that it is hardly the
equivalent of Pine. Mutt is minimalist and cryptic. Pine is much more
polished: there are menus, dialogs and extensive context-sensitive help.
It is full-featured, including a real address book. With Mutt, you spend a
lot of time diddling with the .muttrc file. The Pine UI is comparable to
80s era commercial Dos apps and accessible to beginners. Unix text apps'
UIs, by contrast, are generally still in the stone age.

I'm afraid an alternative truly comparable to Pine does not exist.

Chris