Re: Time Server

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 4:26 AM
Subject: Time Server

Hi everyone, I have tried running both the time, and time-udp service through xinetd, and my windows xp machines on the network can't get the time from it. But from those same XP machines, I can get the time fine from my port scanning app. Can someone tell my why the built in time sync app in windows xp can't read from the linux time server?

Thanks,
Jake
I have also tried ntpd, but I get error messages saying the stratum is wrong. What does this mean?

Thanks,
Jake