Re: End of Errata Reports of RH 8 question

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> > Also if I do have to upgrade, what version do I need to upgrade to receive
> > errata reports?  Do I have to pay extra for this?  Over and above what I
> > paid six months ago, for the one year agreement?
>
> No. You can upgrade to RHL9 and keep using your subscription to the RHN
> service until RHL9 goes EOL.

I'm pleased to see this last answer.  Several years ago I bought a
premium professional Red Hat 6.2 only to be told that it was useless
on my laptop, and I'd have to upgrade to 7.1.  And no, the premium
fee wouldn't be upgradeable to the 7.1--I'd have to pay it again.

--John