Re: Booting up from floppy problem

Am Mon, 2003-12-01 um 12.25 schrieb help@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> I'm trying to boot from a recovery disk created by my backup software - I'm
> using mondo recovery OS software for that.

did you try it with "mkbootdisk"?

> Any ideas as to what I might be missing?

I never tried "mondo recovery OS software" but on my boxes, bootdisks
created with "mkbootdisk", work fine.

http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/planetccrma/man/man8/mkbootdisk.8.html

> Could I boot up from one of the RH 8 distribution disks?  Or would I have to
> create a recovery disk first?

I never tried it on RedHat, but on some linux-distributions you can
install, update or just boot the system with the distribution disks.
If my memory serves me right, you need some commandline options to load
the right kernel and the runtime mode.

The best way to find out is: reboot the system, put the disk in the
CD-rom and have a look at help texts. If you are lucky you just have to
choose the right F-Key to boot it in the way you want it.

> Thanks for any info.

Good luck
Sandro

--
Sandro Wabner  -  sandro@xxxxxxxxx - http://sandro.wabner.de/
Tel: 00 49 5271 49337 	-  	Fax:  00 49 5271 496663