RH8 networking with Win98 pc

Hi
I have installed RH8 here on my pc. I have a second pc that is in the
house I wish to gateway through mine to the internet via dialup.
Before I had this RH8 I was using RH7.3 and I used pmfirewall  with the
ipchains to do my ip forwarding and so on. It worked great.
Now I am on RH8 and two things have happened here. I see it doesn't have
ipchains on the systemas I would see it in /usr/sbin/setup on services.
So I install it,only to find it says this version ipchains is
incompatible with this kernel? I installed directly from the RH8 cdrom
on this and this thoroughly  confused me.
I have tried the program firestarter and had the addresses  and nat
checked and everything,and I still can't get this to act as a gateway.
Here is the kicker. On the Win98 pc ,AnalogX is installed and I can
connect through that to the internet,but no go on connecting through my
machine.
So what's up with ipchains on RH8 and why is firestarter not working
right?
Needs help really bad along with 25 Tylenols after  getting a massive
headache trying to figure this one out.
THanks
Chris