From: psyche-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:psyche-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Charles Curley
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 2:16 PM
To: psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: cannot open display:" error on xcdroast, no man entry

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 12:34:05PM -0400, help@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed xcdroast and tried opening xcdroast during a telnet session,
got
> an "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:" error.

Sounds like an X display permissions issue. I conjecture from your
other message about using telnet that you are trying this over
telnet. You need to run xhost on your own system first. "man
xhost". To verify valid X connections over the X protocol or via SSH
tunneling (preferred), try xclock first.

> I also did a man xcdroast and there is no manual entry.  Any hints as to
> what I'm doing wrong?

That last question is wide open. I shall restrain myself :-)

There is no man page for xcdroast. If there was one, it probably
wouldn't explain the above issue.