From: Samuel Flory <sflory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx <psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue Sep 09 11:43:16 2003
Subject: Re: Xeon processor

Kiss Gábor wrote:

>Thanx Mike,
>
>can you tell me the main difference between Redhat ES 2.1 and Redhat 8 or 9?
>Is Redhat 8 or 9 (downloadable, simple version) running on this server?

  If it runs ES 2.1 it almost certainly will run Red Hat 8 or 9.  The ES
line tends to be fairly out of date for drivers support.  If you aren't
use one of the quarterly update cdrom.  You're basicly running Red Hat
7.2.  It which case you're woefully out of date.

>Gábor

Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)
Sam Flory  <sflory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>