Re: TELNET enable to ROOT

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 05:52:23PM +0530, Suresh Babu A. [IT Engineer] wrot=
e:
> Hi Team,
>=20
> I am unable to login from my client to my server as a root. Where to
> enable it.

/*********************************

As Charles says, don't.

A very good tool to use which supports SSH is le Putty; an improved
version of Putty.exe.  You can find a copy at sourceforge.net.  Just type
"le putty" into the search window at the upper left and it will take you
right to the zipfile to download, which also includes plink.exe.  They're
terrific tools, and just another reason I love the folks at SourceForge.

Support your local OpenSource Developers!

Pat

Don't.

Telnet sends passwords in the clear, so anyone can snoop your
passwords. It has other insecurities.

Instead, use SSH. Once you have it set up, it is easier to use, and
will forward X for you.

--=20

"Given enough thrust, pigs CAN fly.  This is not to suggest that it is a
good idea..."