RE: XF86Config file question

|Following 3 files
|
|XF86Config
|XF86Config-4.deprecated |XF86Config-4.rpmsave
|
|are in /etc/X11 folder. I believe XServer using XF86Config

Yes it is.

Kindly advise what will be the other 2 files used for?

They are used for nothing. They are probably left there from installing a video driver such as ati video driver and running fglxrconfig thus making XF86Config-4. Then when you used display settings in the gui it picked it up and saved it as XF86Config and saved XF86Config-4 as XF86Config-4.deprecated. At least that is what happened to me...

If not then run the display settings in the gui and change something and then change it back and then save and it will save to XF86Config. As for the XF86Config-4.rpmsave file i jus dunno. Did you use the nvidiao driver?

Sincerely,
Michael von Lehe