Re: RH8 and mail domain hosting

You are right - account names must be unique. It IS extremely
obvious.

One point I seemed to fail to make clear is that the 'bob@domain1'
with it's corresponding account name and password get set up on
the workstations that connect to the Linux server. The same applies
for Bob at domain2.

I set up a similar scenario on my Windows PC, where I had an
account called 'testmail' on the Linux server, and sent email to
testmail@xxxxxxxxxxx and then testmail@xxxxxxxxxxx, knowing
full well that the mails were going to be delivered to the same
mail folder on the Linux server.

What I wanted to see was if I downloaded mail just for
testmail@xxxxxxxxxxx, whether or not I would receive both emails.
I did, because the username and password were the same
for both email addresses.  In Windows, there is nothing to stop you
from setting up different email accounts that have different email addresses
but use the same authentication username and password.

As noted below, I did manage to solve my own problem with the
virtusertable.