RE: SUDO QUESTION

Well, I know this one is "...dead, Jim", but perhaps I can answer your
second question which is how to do what it is you originally wanted to
do.

As Gordon pointed out, the redirect is handled by the original shell
(Thanks, Gordon.  I learned something.  One of those, 'Oh yes, of
course, I should have known that' moments.) so what you want to do is
sudo a new shell and put the redirect in it.

I tested

	sudo sh -c 'cat test >> /tmp/t'

which worked for me.

Dana Bourgeois