Re: What's the status of PDA secure remote access?

ssh? VPN? terminal?... mmmhh... All can be done with linux, and Sharp has a
Linux based PDA called Zaurus.

HTH

Michael Martinez <mmartinez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>@redhat.com con fecha
08/08/2003 16:02:00

Por favor, responda a psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Enviado por:      psyche-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx

Destinatarios:     psyche-list@xxxxxxxxxx
CC:

Asunto:     What's the status of PDA secure remote access?

I'm looking for a secure PDA solution that allows me to open a secure,
remote command line login to my Linux servers. I have specific need to
be satisfied (listed below). I did some research into this, 7 months
ago, and found that no vendor offered an adequate solution ... but that
each of the major vendors were at that time working on "emerging"
technology that *would* satisfy the solution.

Anyone know of a solution that satisfies the following criteria for the
remote login process:

1. point to point encryption (ssh) with some sort of ssh client on the
PDA and an ssh server on the server

2. supports terminal emulation and the vi editor (being able to open and
edit text files during the remote login)

3. wide area coverage. In other words, if my system administrator is
stuck in traffic 30 miles out, she can use her PDA to log in to her
server

Thank you -

p.s. If you are a vendor with a solution, please contact me.

--
Michael Martinez
Linux System Administrator