Re: HomeDirectory and OpenLdap.

Le Ngoc Thach wrote:
Hi all,
I have been using OpenLdap for Center Authentication. User's home directory is presented by attribute "homeDirectory" in OpenLdap.
I have 2 problems:
1) When a user login Linux (ex: using ssh from remote host), the home directory is not still created. So there is a error message:
"Could not chdir to home directory /home/$user: No such file or directory.
($user is real name of user).

Yes, if you want separate home dirs on each system, you could configure /etc/pam.d/system-auth on the client system to user PAM's "pam_mkhomdir.so" module.

2) I have 2 Linux Servers named A and B: A is running OpenLdap, B is not but using OpenLdap in A server for Authentication. When I login to B server, the home directory is in B. So, for a user, there are 2 home directory: one in A and one in B. Could I use a network directory for home directory?

Yes, you can export /home on A to B using either NFS or AFS:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/
http://www.openafs.org/

I believe that both are available in the default configuration of Red Hat Linux.