Re: How to maintain an audit trail of user command history?

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 10:08, Jeff Kinz wrote:

> > you mean, "sar -u"?
> No, "sar" does not produce the same info as "sa".  To see what commands
> each individual user invoked sa is the tool to use.
>

> To see detailed information about machine resources are being used on a
> per process basis, "sar" is the tool to use but it will not break out
> what commands each user used.

I don't have "sa" installed, and I cannot locate the package that it
comes with. I did a search on rpmfind.net and google, for "Process
Accounting", "accton", "sa", and am unable to locate the package.

Where do I get the process accounting tools from?

Thanks

mike

> --
> Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz@xxxxxxxx
> copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an
> acceptance of the offer at http://www.kinz.org/policy.html.
> Don't forget to change your password often.
>

> --
Michael Martinez
Linux System Administrator
ISTM/CSREES/USDA