problem after python installation

hi all,
        just sharing my experience and maybe can gain some knowledge on
solving my kind of problem.
after installing rpms of python...my whole env can seem to work properly and
then my programs can't run anymore...all thanks to that installation.
i tried rebooting and my GUI  can't seem to start up and then just hang
there with a watch showing....
tried using text-mode and i can login but lost my bash login..but can su to
root and i tried to recover from my backuped /etc directory but no
cigar...end up my init file getting deleted without my knowledge and i can't
boot up after that...
tried linux rescue but no use....only hope now is after my
reinstallation..all my data will still be intact...what a day!!!
and also how to revert back rpm installations? i even tried rpm -e but it
can't find the package installed....damn!
anyone knows how to get init file back after it's being deleted? any linux
gurus out there?

Regards,
Daniel Tan
67469188 Ext.665
DID: 68430665
MIS Department
Shop N Save Pte Ltd
: danieltan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person. Thank you.]