System freezes and there is no useful info in the logs

I 'm running redhat 8.0 (psyche) on a HP Proliant DL 380 G3, with two
physical processors (Xeon 2.8), 3.5 Gig RAM, and 4 36G drives in a RAID
5 from the array controller. The linux kernel smp is mapping these two
physical processors into 4 virtual processors.

Application wise I'm running oc4j (java) and openssh.

Network wise I've got two internal NIC cards activated: eth0 is plugged
into our DMZ and eth1 into our LAN. I'm not doing any routing from
iptables.

Every couple days the system locks up. It cannot be reached (ping or
otherwise) over the network. The console/keyboard do not respond.

The only way to fix it is to power off the machine and boot it.

There is no pertinent information AT ALL in /var/log/messages. Just a
gap during the time the system locks up, and when it is rebooted.

How do I troubleshoot and fix this? What in the world is going on?

--
Michael Martinez
Linux System Administrator