Re: mysterious routes appearing

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 00:27, Guy Fraser wrote:
> Check to see if you are running ;
> routed, gated or zebra.

nope!  man, ls /etc/init.d/ and trying to execute these commands returns
nothing.

[snip]
> As root, check what network services you are running with :
>
> netstat --inet -lp
>
> ---sample---
[snip]
> ---end---

what will this tell me?  None of the afore mentioned daemons showed up.

> RIP runs on {from /etc/services}:
> router          520/udp         route routed    # RIP
>
> Maybe this will be helpfull :-)

Kind of, in that it gives me more things to rule out.  But I think we're
barking up the wrong tree here.  The routes only existed in the first
place because I added them (using route add, or redhat-config-network,
or both, cant remember :)  so maybe its a redhat-gone-screwy thing...

Thanks for your help so far.  Any more ideas?  I might try the shrike
list too.
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Q:	Why is it that the more accuracy you demand from an interpolation