Re: Hi (response to red hat list comments)

DO I reply to psyche or your address? pliz reply to
adrianix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  and wipe afme@xxxx OFF

Sure,

Had several problems installing REDHAT, but finally managed to get to gnome.  In gnome I try to get
customised, YEAH IRTDD, which is topic and task specific. Cannot get gnome to let me customise obviously
because I don't know the order of doing this, which is not explained in docs or white book or on
frisbie. I now want to set up in biz, which, for me, needs email ISP to surf, where tyo poke files, etc
and how to get Nautilus, and whatever other guis around to gawp at to decide which lot I want. When I
logout it tells me it won't save what I tried, and >GG> maybe just as well. I cannot get past gnome, it
asks for all manner of things I don't understand the jargon of and reading help and info does not work
as I don't know which task specific items to do in which order. It also cannot read the sound card nor
the PCI USB on the Motherboard. For test sound one gets zilch. Not that I mind too much about that.

Which details do you need?

It won't recognise the WINlucent #2 - Agere - other than as a default "genetic" which loses the fax and
voice features, so I'll probably get another Modem, I suppose.
 I have winsleaze v 98.2.4 An Asrock g-pro Mboard at Intel 1800 MHZ, use bootloader GRUB. Cannot update
to get errata and RH 9.0 going. I managed to make a usr dir in /bin, now what?

I also got an utterly charming welcome on Anaconda - got my head bitten off - as the learned gentlemen
imagine they are the only ones whose "english" is kosher. They jump into the usual ingrown toenail
prejudices that if THEY don't understand it, it MUST be nonsense and I'm to blame, haha. But that's mere
trivia but done since RH asks for feedback.

Adrian.