insmod.old not being seen

Some history: I decided to check out the 2.5.x development kernel series a
couple of weeks ago so I installed Rusty's modutils which are supposed to
handle both the 2.4 and 2.5 kernels fine.

Then I installed the latest RH errata kernel on my psyche box the other day.
Went to boot it up and it halted when trying to load the initrd module saying
to the effect that "couldn't find /sbin/insmod.old which is needed to
load kernel 2.4". I checked and insmod.old is right there in front of me
owned by root and with rwxr-xr-x permissions on it.

So I can best direct the bug report, would anybody have an idea whether
this is an RH errata kernel problem or is it a bug in Rusty's modutils?
I have had no problem booting between previous RH kernels and mainline
kernels using Rusty's modutils so I lean toward this being an errata
kernel bug.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg@xxxxxxx