RE: Wrong checksum during RHN

"naugaranch" <naugaranch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>This keeps happening to me, too.  Getting tired of retrying --- wasting days
>trying to update my RH8.  Its is usually accompanied by a SSL Exception (140
>'Connection reset by peer) and Unexpected EOF.
>
>What gives, anyway?
>
>Tom

There are several reasons why the download will stop and the up2date utility will throw an error. It could be the route between you and the update server. The update server probably has a threshold at which non-paying users are kicked off in favor of paying users.

I run up2date to see which rpms it wants to download and then use an ftp client to actually get the rpms. The up2date utility can't resume downloads.