RHL 9 on IBM Thinkpad T40p?

I got a brandnew IBM T40p (type 2373). Does anybody have concrete
experiences with installing (and using of course) RHL 9 on a T40p (the
centrino line)?

I looked around and found the following informations:

I found a note at ibm.com telling that video should work "for the most
part", but hardware accel is not avail. The build in wireless adapter is
not supported yet, but may be in the future.

I found some reports on tuxmobil.org that Linux on a T40p is possible,
but they used Debian or SuSE. In order to benefit from ACPI, energy
saving techniques, etc. one has to use kernel 2.4.21-rc1-ac2. If you use
an older kernel there is no DMA support, too. But using this kernel with
RHL might be tricky. In order to get hw accel from the video card you
need the latest XFree build - I'm not shure if it works with all the RH
modifications.

On Redhat knowledge base there is practical no current articel about
Thinkpads or about Laptops. The SuSE db contains a lot of them.

OK. I would like to stay with RedHat - but will it work properly (for
now I'm busy to shrink the XP partition on the HD).

Peter