RE: Nasty little network problem

I thought this was a four port hub?  If it has 5 jacks on it, I think
you'll find that one 'port' has two jacks, standard and cross-over. You
can only use one of those jacks at a time.

RTFM the hub docs and make sure you know how to plug it together.

And as Toby said, you need to get anal.  Such as swapping other machines
onto the suspect port and find out, is it related to the port or to the
machine?  Swap cables to make sure it isn't a bad cable.  Try at least a
significant fraction of the possible machine/port combinations to make
sure it isn't NIC/port related.  You aren't in anal territory by a long
shot yet.

Hattie Rouge