Re: Installation problems

--- Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 09:16,
> JeffParkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [snip]
> > "The Red Hat Linux CD was not
> > found in any of your CDROM drives.  Please insert
> the Red Hat Linux CD and
> > press OK to retry."
> >
> > The layout I did to cut cd1 is as follows:
> >
> >         d:\----dosutils
> >              |--images
> >              |--isolinux
> >              |--RedHat
> >              |--*.html
> >              |--autorun
> >              |--Eula
> >              |--Gpl
> >              |--README*
> >              |--RPM-GPG-KEY
> >
> > So I'm not sure what I am missing for this CD to
> be bootable.
>
> For the cd to be bootable, you need to burn it as a
> bootable cd.  The
> file you're missing though is .discinfo, and maybe
> TRANS.TBL as well...

Won't he need to do a genhdlist also as he's changed
the packages on the disc?  (I don't think TRANS.TBL is
for anything except allowing filenames to be read on
windows systems).

In order to make the cd bootable then it can be burnt
with cdrecord under linux using:

cdrecord -o modified1.iso -b isolinux.bin -c boot.cat
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-table-info
isolinux

(run from the top level of the tree that is shown
above).

There's a couple of references about making your own
install discs:
Tony Nugent's (only covers up to 7.3?):
http://www.linuxworks.com.au/redhat-installer-howto.html

Brett Schwarz's (only covers up to