Re: Installation problems

I'm just using a typical internal IDE cdrom drive.  It is accessible
because
I see it spinning up.

My history is:

I created a boot disk using rawrite where I copied images/bootdisk.img
from
my CD that I cut using the Redhat 9 download as I couldn't boot off of the
cd.
I get as far as the "Installation Method", where I select "Local CDROM"
and it
spins up the cdrom drive, but comes back with "The Red Hat Linux CD was
not
found in any of your CDROM drives.  Please insert the Red Hat Linux CD and
press OK to retry."

The layout I did to cut cd1 is as follows:

        d:\----dosutils
             |--images
             |--isolinux
             |--RedHat
             |--*.html
             |--autorun
             |--Eula
             |--Gpl
             |--README*
             |--RPM-GPG-KEY

So I'm not sure what I am missing for this CD to be bootable.

Jeff.

Oisin Feeley <ofeeley@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: psyche-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
22-05-2003 09:21 AM