Re: sendmail.mc request

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 09:02:19AM +0600, Nick H Johson wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have spent hours pouring over both the README's in the cf-docs and the
> HOWTO's I could find on the net........and
> 	Could someone who has a single box set up to relay their outgoing mail
> through their ISP using a dial-up and masquerading send me a copy of the
> sendmail.mc file they used.
> ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Hi Nick,
Here is an example sendmail.mc.

It uses a smarthost based at a Cable ISP for all mail routing.
It has also been used with a dialup ISP tha same way, - nothing changes.

divert(-1)
dnl This is the sendmail macro config file. If you make changes to this file,
dnl you need the sendmail-cf rpm installed and then have to generate a
dnl new /etc/sendmail.cf by running the following command:
dnl
dnl        m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf
dnl
include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`linux setup for Red Hat Linux')dnl
OSTYPE(`linux')
define(`confDEF_USER_ID',``8:12'')dnl
dnl
dnl  Change "mail.attbi.com" in the following entry to whatever your ISP has
dnl  their mail srvice setup as.  This is the same thing you put in any
dnl  Windows email program (Like Eudora, Outlook, Netscape etc.. )
dnl  to set up email in those programs.  Post your questions to the list
dnl  so everyone, including me, can give you more feedback.
dnl
define(`SMART_HOST',`mail.attbi.com')dnl
undefine(`UUCP_RELAY')dnl
undefine(`BITNET_RELAY')dnl
define(`confAUTO_REBUILD')dnl
define(`confTO_CONNECT', `1m')dnl
define(`confTRY_NULL_MX_LIST',true)dnl
define(`confDONT_PROBE_INTERFACES',true)dnl
define(`PROCMAIL_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/procmail')dnl
define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/aliases')dnl
dnl define(`STATUS_FILE', `/etc/mail/statistics')dnl
define(`UUCP_MAILER_MAX', `2000000')dnl
define(`confUSERDB_SPEC', `/etc/mail/userdb.db')dnl
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS', `novrfy,noexpn,restrictqrun')dnl
define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')dnl
dnl TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
dnl define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
dnl define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN', `4h')dnl
dnl define(`confTO_QUEUERETURN', `5d')dnl
dnl define(`confQUEUE_LA', `12')dnl
dnl define(`confREFUSE_LA', `18')dnl
dnl                         FEATURE(`redirect')dnl
FEATURE(`always_add_domain')dnl
FEATURE(`use_cw_file')dnl
dnl                         FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl
FEATURE(`nouucp',`reject')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db')dnl
dnl                        MAILER(procmail)dnl
dnl                        MAILER(smtp)dnl
dnl
dnl Who do i make myself look like?
dnl if I am only using my cable ISP for
dnl email then I should masquerade as part of my cable domain.
dnl
dnl MASQUERADE_AS(attbi.com)dnl
dnl
dnl if I have my own website, then I should masquerade as it
dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(MyDomain.net)dnl
FEATURE(`allmasquerade')dnl
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')dnl
dnl FEATURE(delay_checks)dnl
FEATURE(`no_default_msa',`dnl')dnl
FEATURE(`smrsh',`/usr/sbin/smrsh')dnl
FEATURE(`mailertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable.db')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable.db')dnl
FEATURE(use_ct_file)dnl
FEATURE(local_procmail,`',`procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db',`hash -o /etc/mail/access.db')dnl
FEATURE(`blacklist_recipients')dnl
define(`confCT_FILE', `/etc/mail/trusted-users')
FEATURE(`use_ct_file')
EXPOSED_USER(`root')dnl
dnl This changes sendmail to only listen on the loopback device 127.0.0.1
dnl and not on any other network devices. Comment this out if you want
dnl to accept email over the network.
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
dnl NOTE: binding both IPv4 and IPv6 daemon to the same port requires
dnl       a kernel patch
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Addr=::1, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')
dnl We strongly recommend to comment this one out if you want to protect
dnl yourself from spam. However, the laptop and users on computers that do
dnl not have 24x7 DNS do need this.
dnl FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl
dnl FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX')dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(procmail)dnl
Cwlocalhost.localdomain

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz@xxxxxxxx
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an