hosts.deny and tcpd

Hi,
After I make changes to the hosts.deny and hosts.allow
file, do I need to restart the tcpd process?  If so, how do I do that?  I looked in /etc/rc.d/init.d and there was no service listed for it.
I have a machine behind a firewall but want to only allow access to certain domains and IP addresses.

If there is an easier way that this can be done, please let me know.  And I can only work on this via SSH. There is no monitor on the machine.

Thanks