Network Issues

Hey-

I am having problems getting my RH 8 machine to connect to the internet.  It is
a PII 300MHz, with 2 3com 3C905CX network cards, one for the internal network,
and one for external.  The server is an email/ftp/web server and is acting as a
firewall/router for all the other computers in the house.  I have been running
this configuration succesfully with RH 8 and earlier versions for about two
years.  Rececntly, I wanted to make some major changes to what was on the
server, and the way it was configured so I reformatted the hd, and reinstalled
RH 8.  After the reinstall, I couldn't get the server to connect to the
internet.  I was able to ping my gateway, but thats as far as I can get.  When I
try to ping my DNS servers, I get the error: "connect: Network is unreachable"
I went in and edited the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file and made
sure all the values were correct.  I even tried taking out the PCI cards and
reseating them.  Nothing has worked.  If anyone could be of assistance, that
would be great.  Thanks.

-Steve