RE: Adminstration quesiton

Hello everyone!

While on the topic of administration, i was wondering if anyone has any
suggestions on server management strategies?  Specifically, for example I
plan to have a number of servers.  I'll also have a staging server which
will act as a testbed for patches and software, and it will also be used
as a base for us to build servers from (something like tar to copy the
entire file system?).  Are there packages that will could make my life a
bit easier?  Does anyone have any suggestions or comments from the
trenches?  i've been doing a bit of research (google) and noticed webmin
but that's not something i'm looking for.  With the exception of the
daemons that are running on the individual machines, all the machines will
be the same (kernel, OS (RedHat 8), packages, partition configuration)

Any documentation, comments or suggestions are very much welcome!

thanks very very much,
-derek