RE: HA Cluster

>What is your definition of "HA Cluster"?

>Does your "HA Cluster" work off of the same physical data or data that is
>replicated/syncronized?  Is this a simple website where data is static or
>is the application more dynamic?  And there are more questions....

>You have asked a "Yes or No" question where the information supplied is
>too vague to give a "Yes or No" answer.

Hi Ed,

OK I guess I should clarify what I want to do.  I want to set up two servers
the way I would set up a RAID 1 configuration for SCSI disks on a single
server, only instead of mirroring data on two disks, I want to mirror two
servers.  I want two mirrored servers, identical data on both servers, so if
one goes down the other takes over and there is no interruption in web
service while the down server is being repaired.

Heres another catch -  I want both servers to have a RAID 1 config.  My one
server has that now.  So theoretically three hard drives could crash, or one
motherboard, or one RAID 1 controller card, etc., and she cluster would
still function.

Another thing I want to do is have one tape backup for the cluster backing
up data, on either server, it would not matter which server the tape backup
is a slave to because the data would be identical.

I'm running an e-commerce server now and the server has an XML based
e-commerce software application with multiple product databases for the on
line stores, runs secure sites with Thawte SSL certificates.  PHP/MySQL
discussion forums, Perl Stats software, etc.  Maybe some streaming video
later.  Is this even possible or a pipe dream?

DB